Created in August 2006, the eServices Program spearheaded initiatives to enhance electronic service delivery on the state portal. eServices was responsible for managing and supporting the growth of California’s eservices, including acting as a liaison between state agencies and departments. The office was created to:
- Provide direction for and oversee the ongoing development of the state portal
- Provide leadership in statewide policy regarding state agency websites
- Provide a user-friendly gateway for citizens, businesses, and visitors to access government services
- Develop e-solutions that streamline government processes
- Position California as a leader in e-government
sServices was since absorbed into the California Department of Technology (CDT). CDT continues to run the majority of eServices functions, including WebTools.