Domain Name Request System
The Domain Name Request System is the place to go to request new domains under CA.GOV. It contains the definitive registry for existing third-level CA.GOV domains (xxxx.ca.gov) for state and local government entities (e.g., city, county, police or fire department, reclamation, water district, etc.). This system was launched in May 2017 to support policy (SAM 5195) and mandated standards (SIMM 40A).
– DNS registration for third-level domains under “CA.GOV” (i.e. DWR.ca.gov, CDT.ca.gov)
– Built-in prompts to help guide users through required documentation for new requests
– Built-in prompts to help guide users through proper nomenclature per policy (SAM 5195, SIMM 40A)
– Access to your domains’ ownership information at any time
– Annual reminders for domain owners to keep domains and contacts current
Join us in building the statewide web resource you expect and deserve.
We encourage your feedback and suggestions!